The International Federation of Pedestrians runs a mailing-list. Subscribe by sending your name, affiliation, country and e-mail through our Contact Form. You can always un-subscribe IFPedestrians-net at any time you like!
There are a few rules to keep the list useful with low but juicy traffic:
- Keep your e-mail topics as close as possible to pedestrian and walking issues or the very least sustainable mobility (that includes walking).
- Spam is not allowed and offenders will be banned.
- Try to share rich content and answers: avoid e-mails with single lines saying: "Me too!" or "I agree!".
- Please include relevant text from the original message. Trim it to the minimum, but do not overdo it. It should still be possible for somebody who did not read the original message to understand what you are talking about. (This is especially important for postings of the type "yes, I see this too", where the initial posting was dozens or hundreds of lines.)
- Use some technique to identify which text came from the original message, and which text you add. A common convention is to prepend “> ” to the original message. Leaving white space after the “> ” and leaving empty lines between your text and the original text both make the result more readable. But most e-mail programs have a way to identify that.
- Please ensure that the attributions of the text you are quoting is correct. People can become offended if you attribute words to them that they did not write.